All This Time

All this time, a book that has left me flooded with emotions. Kyle and Kimberly are the perfect couple until they face a hard break up, a car crash and Kimberly passes away. Kyle's life is flipped upside down and he spirals down the route of depression. He believes that after all he has faced, there is nothing left for him. Until, he meets Marley. Marley is a special girl who has also gone through her fair share of difficulties in life, she lost her twin sister Laura and since that event, Marley has never allowed herself to live life to the fullest. Kyle and Marley begin to create a beautiful bond through there losses and through their desire to eventually live their lives again. 

As we read on, we learn more and more about each character especially Marley, she slowly starts coming out of her shell and opening up to Kyle. When reading this book, a sense of warmness was hovering over me. Laura was Marley's safety net as was Kimberly for Kyle yet both Kyle and Marley learn to feel safe with each other. As I kept reading on , I knew that this would be an amazing fairy-tale, no problems just pure happiness however, that is not the case and this is where the book hit me. Towards the end, there is a major plot twist in which I do not want to spoil! But lets just say it really did show me that nothing in life worth having comes easy. In a way, this is a beautiful thing. Rather than having everything in life handed to us we ourselves are given the chance to work for what we want to do, who we want to become and we are able to develop as human beings. For example, if we look at the challenges we have all faced in 2020, it has been up to us individually how we decide to these challenges on board. Do we simply ignore them in the hopes they go away? Do we just learn to live with them? Do we try take control? I know for me personally I have tried my hardest to adapt to the challenge that has been 2020. I have done this in many ways that have helped me develop as a person and yes, there has been times I have fallen, felt burnt out and demotivated but that is okay! For Kyle, he faced his challenges with Marley and life in general heads on, he was not giving up! Did people doubt him? Of course they did! Did he doubt himself? At times yes he did but did he keep going? he most certainly did. It worked in his favor, because in the end he got what he deserved and did he get his happy ever after? I will leave that for you to read and find out.

Kyle did not let his struggles get in his way, he used them as motivation. We can all learn from Kyle. We all face struggles and sometimes we shut down and ignore them which it is completely ok to fall back as long as you get back up again! Why not challenge yourself for the last few days of 2020 to not focus on the negatives instead focus on becoming a better you, allowing yourself to take on new challenges and facing life with an optimistic attitude. Changes your cant's to cans, change your I am not trying hard enough to I am trying my best. Change your I am too tired today to I am tired today but I will do what I can today and that will be enough. Once we change our mindsets life will seem that much easier. Finally, let me leave you with a quote from All This Time 'even though it seems so impossible after all that's happened, I want to believe there's something better ahead too'.

Comments

Popular Posts