top 2020 reads

 


2020, a year none of us will forget (as much as we may want to). Looking back to January 2020, not only was life a little more normal, 'Reviews By Rowan' was also created. It makes me laugh to think that I began my blog in January because if I am being honest, I didn't start growing my blog or instagram page until March when life was more or less put on pause. I suppose reading and blogging was the one thing that got me through this year along with an amazing family and incredible friends. As I look back and reflect on how much I have grown in my book blog journey I cannot help but feel excited. Excited for what 2021 has in store for me and book blog journey, excited for the new book purchases, excited to continue to grow as not only a blogger or reader but as a person. As 2020 is coming to an end, I wanted to share my top reads of the year, there were many but I somehow condensed them down to six!



Wuthering Heights - This book was by far a five star read! It helped me discover my love for classics, it took me two days to read I simply could not put it down! I will admit that it was difficult at the start but I am so glad I stuck it out! Honestly, I am jealous of anyone who gets to read this for the first time.





The Flat Share - One of the best pick me up books that I have read. The Flat Share was filled with the best comedic elements but also focused in on serious issues, this book really did deserve all the hype it got and yes, I only wanted to read it because of how much it was trending... in my defense, the reviews were all five star, I couldn't help myself. If there is one book I am going to recommend to you, it is The Flat Share.






Dear Evan Hansen - Wow Wow Wow is all I can really say. I was left speechless after this read. To all my musical theater lovers, if you think the sound track of this musical is good just read the book. It is even more powerful! 10 out of 10!








All This Time - a more recent read. An incredible read too. All This Time was written by the same authors of Five Feet Apart which is also in my top 2020 reads. The emotions that I felt from this book made the novel seem so real and almost come to life, it was a beautiful story and had a roller-coaster of emotions. A strong five stars for this one.





Five Feet Apart - similar to All This Time it is also a five star! However, my blog post on this novel holds a special place in my heart, the amount of love that I was shown on this post was incredible and extremely appreciated. By far it was one of my best reads and posts.





 Paper Towns - last but not least. This was one of my first lock down reads and I adored every page. If my shelf was not filled with books waiting to be read I would 100% re read Paper Towns. 

Comments

Popular Posts