Experience A New World


Reading. Something we all have experience with. Maybe because you were forced to as a child, maybe because a school assignment left you with no choice but to read that dreaded book or maybe you are like me. A book lover. 

As a book lover, I always ask myself the question why? What is it about a book that makes me so content, comfortable and happy? Well there are many reasons behind my love for books however, my main reason has to be the fact that reading gives us somewhere to go when we have no where to go, it allows us to dive into a new world and escape the real world. For me, there is nothing better than grabbing a cuppa, snuggling up on the sofa or in bed and diving into a completely different world. What makes it even better is that I decide what new world or adventure I want to experience next. On a bad day, I could be wanting a pick me up book such as The Flat Share. On a day with no where to go I could be so bored and want to dive into fantasy land however, fantasy wouldn't be my first choice of a genre! Perhaps I am feeling like diving into the world of Shakespeare. You see, not only am I reading words from a page, I am allowing myself to be so invested in a story that I feel a part of it. I feel as though I am there. Almost like simulator ride at a theme park, you feel as though you are going somewhere despite the fact you are sitting on a chair. 

Due to the pandemic many of us are stuck at home, no where to go, nothing to do. I figured I would share some books with you that might just give you somewhere to go... even from your couch, your bed or even your dinning room table!

1) To Kill A Mockingbird - 



A beloved classic that I will never not recommend! An edge on your seat type of read, this book brought out so many emotions throughout reading. Bored in your house? Pick up this classic, you on't regret it. It is a real eye opener too! You won't be disappointed. 


2)  Alice In Wonderland - 



I have no doubt you have all heard of this childhood classic! Alice In Wonderland has to be one of the most exciting books I have read. Lewis Carroll is so successful in allowing the reader to feel as though they are part of the story, an exciting adventure you will not forget!



3) A Streetcar Named Desire - 




unfortunately being an English A level student, my love for this is ruined. One essay too many however, this tragedy play by Tennessee Williams is so tense that you may struggle to put it down! I have a love hate relationship with this play, my advice would be do not study it!! If you use your imagination well enough you may allow yourself to feel as though you are at the theater watching A Streetcar Named Desire. 

4) Enola Holmes - 




A book of mystery, excitement and  adventure! Enola is filled with adventure and determination. She is a truly inspiring character. If you are in need of excitement and interest in your week I highly recommend you give this short novel a read! 




5) Shakespeare-




ANYTHING SHAKESPEARE. I understand that Shakespeare may not be everyone’s cup of tea however I adore the language and find it simply beautiful. If you are looking for a different form of literature, I highly recommend delving into Shakespeare and you never know, you could fall in love like I did!

Comments

Popular Posts