The Midnight Library


 Imagine being given a chance to live multiple lives that you were never given the chance to ever live? Sounds impossible...however for Nora Seed this soon became her reality. Nora Seed, a character who finds herself in a library between life and death...every book allows her to try a different life in which she could have lived if she had taken another path or made a different decision. the excitement about this is that if she eventually finds a life that she is content in, she can remain in that life. 

Through out reading this book the question that stuck in my head was 'What if?'. What if I done this instead of that, what if I said this instead of that, what if I went here instead of there. In life we are provided with so many decisions and our choices can also lead to many regrets which can seem so daunting yet if this book taught me anything it is to take up any opportunity that life throws at you and despite any regrets, begin living life to the full rather than dwelling on the past or wrong decisions made. We can sit and think for hours on end 'What if' or we can start trying to make changes, begin trying to reach our goals and start living for the new opportunities that may come our way! We will never get the chance that Nora did however, we are lucky enough to still be here and to live for the future. 

A character who I adored was Mrs Elm, the librarian. She had a comforting personality with a grandmother aspect to her. She reminded me of Nelly from Wuthering Heights. Someone you could go to for advice or to hear an interesting story. She was a special character and she made Nora feel safe despite how scared she may have been in any life she was in and as a reader, I could also feel the comfort of Mrs Elm. 

I can't say that this was the best book I have read which is why this blog may seem shorter than normal, I don't have as many thoughts on The Midnight Library as I would with other books that I loved and became invested in. Nonetheless it was a good book that provided a different outlook on some aspects in life! To conclude I will leave you with a quote from The Midnight Library - 'You don't have to understand life, you just have to live'. 

Comments

Popular Posts