Shakespeare Land


 I am positive that many of you will already know that I am a Shakespeare enthusiast. One of my dreams for many years now has been to visit his birth place - Stratford Upon Avon. On 2nd September this dream came true and in this post I am going to tell you all about my incredible experience in Shakespeare Land!

The moment I stepped into the town I could hear a man reciting Shakespeare...I could have sat and listened to him for hours upon end. Everything about the town was perfect. Stratford had a comforting, welcoming and exciting atmosphere with a coffee shop on every corner, Shakespeare tributes and the most beautiful, delicate old fashioned buildings you could imagine. It was simply a dream. 

Although my fantastic experience does not end yet, after wandering around the beautiful town my family and I took part in a Shakespeare tour organised by Stratford Town Walk. Before I continue I would also like to take this opportunity to thank our incredible tour guide Jan. Jan was filled with so much interest, laughter and made my experience very personal as she was aware of my love for Shakespeare, literature and theatre. The tour itself was extremely interesting my family and I learnt so much about not only Shakespeare yet the rest of his family such as his wife, children and grandchildren as well as an insight to society at the time. Not to mention how surreal it is to step foot outside the birth place of your favourite playwright and actor. I was definitely in my element. If you are a Shakespeare enthusiast like me I could not recommend carrying out this outstanding tour! 

Once the tour came to an end I did not stop exploring. I went back to his house and simply enjoyed the moment and appreciated how beautiful it was.

Of course I took memorable photos however it was breathtaking to be able to appreciate the moment. The moment I  had been dreaming of for years. The moment that lived up to expectations more than I could have imagined. As my perfect day was drawing to an end, I stumbled into the Shakespeare gift shop which was magical. I definitely treated myself to a few souvenirs which will be cherished. 

I cannot finish this post without thanking the fabulous staff at the Broom Hall Inn. Not only was it the most gorgeous, antique place to stay, the staff were simply incredible. My experience at Stratford Upon Avon left me speechless yet where I stayed topped it off and simply made it even more memorable and so if you are inspired to stay in Stratford Upon Avon, please consider the Broom Hall Inn, you will not be left disappointed. As I draw this to a close I would like to thank you all for reading and I hope I have inspired you to visit one of the most magical places (after Disney World of course)!


Comments

Popular Posts